We are on the search for a senior designer whose career has grown through working across various Digital Products. Our client, a well-known digital design experience agency is now looking for a contract Product Designer who excels in all things UX and UI Design who has a design-centered mindset.
Live opportunity as of 16.02.2021
- 5+ years minimum of experience
- Relevant design industry as an Experience Designer, Product Designer, or UX/UI Design equivalent.
- Experienced in designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms.
- Accustomed to applying a Human-centered approach, Lean UX methodology, and best practice to design work, participating in user research, design testing.
- Understand multi-modal interaction product design (e.g. Hardware, App, Touch screens, etc.)
- Conduct rapid prototyping, apply usability heuristics and address accessibility concerns.
- Able to work effectively in synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, developer, experience strategist or researcher, and all facets of a design group to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Understand problems, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards a design vision.
- Collaborate closely with Experience Strategists to help define the inputs required for project strategy, user research requirements, information architecture, design artifacts, and ultimately design delivery.
- Work with internal and external cross-functional teams, to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services.
- Create design patterns and visual design systems for medium to large-scale digital projects.
- Create effective handover materials that clearly communicate how the design should look and behave throughout interaction flows and journeys, as well as experience/interaction specifications, etc.
Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale is key for success in this contract role.
- $800 Day (Up to 4 months works, maybe 6 months if the project extends)
- $120-150k Salary range (pending candidates portfolio, CV, and Career experience)
- Must have a relevant tertiary design qualification
If this freelance contract role sounds like you, apply today or e-mail [email protected] with a brief summary of why you may be interested in this position. Or call Leighton directly on 021 702 573 for a confidential chat.