I'M A DIGITAL-NATIVE, CREATIVE DESIGNER WITH A BACKGROUND IN BRAND LEADERSHIP, PHOTOGRAPHY AND CREATIVE CONSULTING.
I have 10+ years' experience in mixed creative disciplines with highlights in brand development, illustration and digital. I conceptualise, design and deliver projects at all scales and love collaborating with people from different backgrounds.
During my career, I've worked with and learnt from some great companies and people on some amazing projects. I've created an entire catalogue of photography for the Infruition water bottle company with little more than a camera, some lights and some found objects; collaborated on the creative assets for political campaigns; and led the creative delivery on a half-million pound digital and print advertising campaign on the London Underground for Xero.
My background is in architecture. I studied at Manchester, under the tutelage of some fantastic designers who taught me the value of concept-driven creative. True, it's not the typical route into design, but it's given me a fun perspective that my clients seem to really embrace.
Art-direction on photography and film
IN SHORT, I'M A FLEXIBLE, RESOURCEFUL AND PASSIONATE CREATIVE THAT IS AT HOME ON BESPOKE PROJECTS AS I AM ON FULL-SCALE BRAND CONSULTATION.
Senior Designer / 2016 - Present / Xero
- Champion and maintain Xero’s design-led approach
- Leading and crafting visual & interaction design solutions for xero.com and related web campaigns, landing pages & email campaigns (eDMs)
- Leading, conceptualising and designing solutions for OOH advertising and collateral such as t-shirts, TCP posters, cars, Xero building signage, partner signage, conference collateral (e.g.: lanyards, slide decks, expo booths) and swag.Planning, wire-framing and designing adaptive and responsive design solutions for xero.com & building pages in the Xero CMS (AEM/CQ5)
- Collaborating with the Marketing, Design and Development teams to refine, test and iterate projects
- Working with and alongside the front-end development and campaign teams to test and implement designs
- Designing and managing online solutions that consider SEO & SEM strategies
- Ensuring project delivery meets deadlines and high-quality standards
- Leading fortnightly meetings with global design teams in Wellington, Melbourne and San Francisco to ensure we're up to date with the leading design innovations within and outside Xero
Creative Lead / 2014 - 2016 / Infruition
- Driving brand re-launch, new product development and promotional projects
- Working with business directors to evaluate and prioritise creative briefs
- Assessing design priorities and objectives against project brief
- Optimising internal and external resources across projects
- Brand guardianship
Industries I know well
Health & Lifestyle
Mediums I know well
University Of Manchester: Bachelor of Arts (BA), Architecture, 2005-2008