I am a Creative Director with over 15 years experience creating campaigns and brand stories across multiple media platforms and formats. I have lead teams into many award winning projects by passionately hunting for killer ideas that translate into any medium.
I'm also an expert Editor and I have Directed much of the material I produce.
I have worked on many successful big scale campaigns but because of my experience in production, I can also tailor content and advertising to fit any budget. I love working with other passionate people and I always strive to bring something special to each project, big or small. I love creativity but above everything we all want great business results. Let me help you smash it for your client!
- Pitch Creation and Presentation
- Team Management: Leadership and Inspiration
- Art Direction
- I'm an Expert Editor for commercials, marketing content and longer form storytelling. (The short film I edited won Tropfest 2015 and was nominated at the NZ Film and Television awards 2016). I can make highly stylised video, or very straight up classic narratives.
- Post Production
- Sound Design and Music editing expert
- Graphic Design
- I'm mostly FCP X but I also edit in Avid
- Scriptwriting and Storyboarding
- Good with Talent, especially in creating authentic performances with Actors or real people
- Treatment Creation and Presentation
- I have an expert technical understanding for complex shoots
- I can extract great results from humble resources
- I have an easy rapport with anyone
- Ideation for any media
- I can write pithy and catchy short form or long form copy. I love creating a punchy tagline or two.
I'm best known for...
TVNZ and everything connected to it: Shortland Street, TVNZ 2, TVNZ 1, 1News, and dozens of campaigns for NZ's best loved content.
Creative Director TVNZ 2 / 2015- 2017 / TVNZ
I was responsible for a team that produced all of the creative communications for TVNZ 2 wherever it may appear: on-air, digital, social media, outdoor and radio.
I led the creative strategy to maintain 2’s leadership in the 18-49 demographic.
I led collaboratively and worked to inspire a team to deliver exceptional results. We enjoyed a supportive and energised team culture and created integrated brand and retail campaigns to an award winning standard.
Director / 2012 - 2015 / DM Creative
Creative Director, Director, Editor and Copywriter for Brands, Corporate Communications and Advertising.
Creative Partner / 2010-2012 / Spicer and Martin
At Spicer and Martin I was part of the team that concepted and Produced advertising, branding and corporate communications for TVNZ, TV ONE, TV2, Heartland, U, ANZ and Water Safety New Zealand.
Industries I know well
Mediums I know well
Digital - Desktop & Mobile
Outdoor - Static & Digital
Honours & awards
Many, many Gold & Silver Promax Awards.
1995 / Bachelor of Arts majoring in Political Science and Economics / University of Waikato