Are you looking for quality writing and storytelling? Do you need someone to fix your content? Or perhaps you're trying to build digital products or services that are intuitive, simple and engaging?
I have 20 years of professional writing and strategic consulting experience in digital media, software/IT, marketing and business development.
My two main strengths are excellence and versatility - having worked across a wide variety of industries and with every type of media. I work closely with start-ups, large IT companies, web/ad agencies, corporate clients, government, NGOs and small businesses to help them tell their story.I've won dozens of copywriting, writing and design awards in Australasia, North America and Europe for projects I worked on or lead; I've optioned a screenplay in the US and I've written for the PM.
I am always on the lookout for new challenges, new projects and interesting new people. Please get in touch with me so we can discuss your needs.
I'm best known for...
- Diversity, originality and quality of work
- Being pragmatic, not dogmatic (I am very easy to work with)
- UX philosophy: "It's easy to make things difficult; it's difficult to make things easy."
Industries I know well
Arts & Culture
Charities / NGOs / Not-for-profit organisations
Education & Training
GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums)
Government and Public Sector
Land & Geospatial Information
Marketing & Management
Natural Resources (Coal, Oil, Gas)
Sport & Recreation
Mediums I know well
- Web / Online / Digital / Interactive / Mobile
- Software / IT
- TV / Film / Video
- Social Media
Honours & awards
I have won over 30 awards (in New Zealand and overseas) for digital or web-based projects that I worked on (either as the Creative Lead, UX Lead or as a senior team member). Award highlights include:
- 2015 The Killer Content Awards - B2B, Marketing Utopia (client: Xero)
- 2011 Webby Award Winner (client: Auckland Museum)
- 2008 International Academy of Visual Arts Award (client: Sport & Recreation New Zealand)
- 2007 Effie Award (client: RaboPlus / RaboDirect)
- 2002 EMMA – European Multimedia Award (client: Leo Burnett Worldwide)
- 2000 New York Festivals New Media Award (client: Telecom New Zealand & Learning Media)
If you require more details regarding any of these awards (i.e. my role or a detailed portfolio) I can provide these.
- BA (Politics and Anthropology), Victoria University, 1994
- Victoria University Wellington Graduate Award, 1994
- BA First Class HONS (Anthropology), Victoria University, 1995- NZ Film Commission Ideas Workshop, 2007 (Facilitated by Academy Award Nominee and Emmy Award Winner, Tom Abrams)