I am a versatile filmmaker with extensive commercial, creative and corporate experience in directing, videography and editing. Originally from Australia, I have been in New Zealand for 2 years and love freelancing.
What makes me a great videographer is my broad knowledge of the full production process, from the brief to final delivery. I can pretty do it all from Camera Operating to Pos production with a strong editing and full project delivery skillset.
Directing Talent (both non-pro and professional)
Video editing and Motion Graphics using Adobe Creative Suite
I'm best known for...
Impeccable track record of delivering high quality work to-brief, on time and within budget.
FREELANCE / JAN 2016 - CURRENT / www.harveyhayes.com
• Freelance director, videographer and editor.
• Directed projects with budgets up to $100k
• Working relationships with some of Auckland's biggest ad agencies and production houses.
EDITOR / CAMERA OPERATOR (Full-Time) / Sept 2014 - Jan 2016 / Smoke Creative (Brisbane)
• In-house video editor, colour grader, camera operator and concept creative
• National broadcast TVC’s, web series, corporate, tourism campaigns, online and social media content
• Critical role in delivering the first Tourism Campaign shot in 360° VR in Australia
TRAVEL DOCO (Freelance) / June 2014 - Aug 2014 / TEDx Brisbane
• Commissioned to produce a short documentary for TEDx Brisbane “The Dreamers, The Lovers & Me”
• Filmed and edited throughout Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Peru
• Conducted multiple interviews in Spanish
• Screened to the sold-out audience at the TEDx Brisbane event in October 2014
Industries I know well
Mediums I know well
Queensland College of Art - Griffith University, Australia (2007-2009)
BACHELOR OF FILM & SCREEN MEDIA Major: Cinematography