A wordsmith, a lover of books, and a creative thinker and networker.
With over eighteen years senior editorial experience at several international award-winning publications and websites, Nadine is a strong creative strategist specializing in arts and culture, fashion, food, and travel in print and online.
I'm best known for...
Relaunching Elle magazine in South Africa, working as an editor in New York for brands like Harper's Bazaar magazine and luxury coffee table book publisher Assouline, writing for newspapers like The New York Times. Creating online editorial content for brands like Ralph Lauren and Reed Krakoff.
Freelance Writer / 2008 - Present
Multimedia content specialist: writing, editing, publishing strategy
- New Zealand: NZ Author (editor), Art New Zealand, Fashion Quarterly Life, Simply You, Simply You Living, Denizen Magazine (contributing editor and writer), North & South Magazine.
- US: The New York Times, The New York Sun, The New York Post, Harper’s Bazaar (contributing editor and writer), TheDailyBeast.com, ABCNews.com, Stylelist.com, Shelterpop.com, Veranda (contributing culture editor and writer), Town and Country, O at Home.
- UK: Harper's Bazaar. India: Vogue. South Africa: Wanted Magazine (New York correspondent covering arts and culture, 2004-2011). The Sunday Times newspaper (weekly columnist, 2004-2007). Co-author of The Louis Vuitton Travel Guide to Cape Town (2013) and Chic Jozi (2005).
Editorial Director / 2012 - 2015 / Pelluceo, Inc
- Pelluceo, Inc is a boutique publishing house based in New York. Titles to date include "Generation Ink: Williamsburg, Brooklyn", "Couture Dogs of New York", "Botanic Chic: The Fashion Illustrations of Robert Alejandro," "Groomed" and "The Adventures of Coco Le Chat."
Senior Editor / Assouline / 2010 - 2011
- Edited high-end coffee table books including "The Impossible Collection of Fashion", "The Impossible Collection of Cars," and "Ballet Russes."
- Created content and edited quarterly online magazines for Ralph Lauren and Reed Krakoff (both produced by Assouline Publishing).
- Managed junior editors, photo editors, art directors and freelance contributors.
- Managed budgets for individual titles.
Industries I know well
Health & Beauty
Arts & Culture
Home & Living
Mediums I know well
Columbia University, Masters in Arts & Culture Journalism / Graduate School of Journalism, 2008 – 2009
University of South Africa, Bachelor Degree in English Literature and Psychology, 1991 – 1999