- Project name/Type
- The Fight Against Doping - Toby Atkins' Story
- Directing, Editing, Filming, Journalism
- Project name/Type
- John McAvoy - Bank Robber turned Ironman
- Cinematography, Filming, Journalism, Producing, Script Writing, Television
- Project name/Type
- Sporting Great Series - Richie McCaw & Brendon McCullum
- Cinematography, Interviewing, Journalism, Producing, Research, Television
- Sport & Leisure
A journalist at heart, I can shape your stories for different audiences – Through identifying the right channel to reach the right people I can quickly shape a content strategy that delivers.
If you’ve already come up with the killer idea and simply need someone to make it happen, get in touch and I'll take care of it. From year-long campaigns to fast-turnaround one-offs, I’ve done it all.
I have joined to apply my strong work ethic from the broadcast sector into as many different creative avenues, so whatever your idea is please don't hesitate to get in touch.
It was New Zealand's great outdoors that enticed me away from a thoroughly enjoyable job in the big smoke of London, so if i'm not behind the lens (or my laptop) you will find me mountain biking, kayaking, or hiking with my partner and our adopted border collie.
With multiple deadlines common practice, I thrive under pressure and I’m constantly looking for new opportunities. Whatever your budget I can help you make your idea come to life. Get in touch and we can see if I'm the person you're looking for.
- During my nine years in the broadcast industry I have set up & produced over 200 international shoots, in five different continents.
- Strong ability to work within budget.
- Pitch development & presentation
- Experience working with sensitive content & contributors.
- Ability to deal with tricky legal/compliance issues.
- Team management & motivation
Working relationships with a number of broadcast hire companies and knowledge of various cameras to suit your budget.
- I have self shot a number of features for broadcast around the world, which have included, but not limited to: Sri Lanka, Namibia, Azerbaijan, most of Europe and America.
- I have over 9 years of experience shooting on a variety of different cameras and formats.
- With the ability to see a project from start to finish I can shoot with the aim to make the post production process as streamlined as possible.
- I carry a 5 year American Journalist working visa permit, which runs out in 2020.
- With a powerful laptop and dual screen workstation that handles multiple layers in a 4K timeline you can be sure that no project is too big for me.
I'm best known for...
Freelance Shooting Producer / Director / July 2017 - Present / Various
Since making the decision to move to NZ (in the search of a Kiwi outdoor lifestyle) I have worked on sporting events around the globe, including the Comm Games & South East Asian Games as an event producer and have directed/produced multiple episodes of the Sporting Great Series - an international series which focuses on the world's best athletes.
At the request of the London production company I oversaw two episodes which focused on two NZ icons, Richie McCaw & Brendon McCullum. Given the time difference between the UK & NZ and the ever impending deadlines I was assigned to take care of all North island interviews for each of the series. This included setting up and interviewing all the talent. After I had shipped the rushes back to the UK I was then asked if I could film B-Roll using a Sony F5 & FS7 to fill in the 'holes' they had in their earlier careers.
I have since moved into more client based content since the end of 2017 and have shot, edited and produced promo & feature content for online platforms.
Features Producer / August 2015 – July 2017 / IMG – Trans World Sport
Trans World Sport is IMG’s flagship international sports magazine show. During my time I have both produced & shot a variety of sports stories from around the world, including, but not limited to: Namibia; Sri Lanka & Azerbaijan. As an international programme we often deal with a truly diverse mix of ethnicities and cultures. This includes negotiating visas, international media rights, difficult contributors & sensitive topics. As the world’s longest running sports magazine show, portraying a vast array of unique and popular sports I have honed my writing skills and have a strong understanding of the international media industry.
Assistant Producer / January 2014 – August 2015 / IMG – inCycle
On top of my previous roles of researching, shooting, scripting and editing I joined inCycle from its inception. As a result, I have had to work across a number of positions to help ensure that the production was running on schedule and commercially viable, taking on a marketing role where necessary. This was achieved by bringing in sponsored content and commercial partnerships, which meant I gained a number of skills outside of the ‘usual’ AP role.
Industries I know well
Social media Content
Mediums I know well
Honours & awards
2010 Runner-Up BBC Young Journalist of the Year Award
BA (Hons) Journalism (2:1) BJTC Accredited