I am an adaptable video editor and a creative storyteller with experience working in a range of different content, for both journalistic organisations and creative agencies. I am energetic and motivated with a keen sense for video trends and a proven ability in bringing stories to life in a format, style and delivery that informs and entertains.
I have an experienced and high-level technical understanding of all levels of the post-production workflow, from ingest and transcode to online, delivery and archive. I have worked with and maintained server systems for a variety of different department sizes from TV broadcast studio to online content agency. I have extensive experience delivering to foreign markets, localising and delivering assets for a multitude of languages and markets.
I have a developed understanding of social media and best practices for online video. I stay across developments across platforms and technology.
Video Editor / Head of Post Production / Jan 2020 - Sep 2020 / Gen C
- Creative video editing across all company projects for some of Australia’s biggest brands, such as Nike, Kathmandu, H&H Group, Movember and ahm health insurance.
- Direction and ownership of online elements including, grading, animation and sound mixing.
- Creating and delivering assets across a multitude of platforms and devices, ensuring content is creatively tailored for the correct platform, quality control and management of often complicated delivery requirements.
- Complete responsibility for the post-production workflow from ingest to delivery and archive.
- Creative direction and management of company social media.-Developing best practice guidelines for social and researching new technologies and platforms.
- Assistant managing the launch, creative and technical process of The Cutting Room, an online platform for clients to access their footage and create custom assets.
Video Producer / Editor / Sep 2018 - Oct 2019 / Huffington Post UK
London, United Kingdom
- Lead video editing and shooting across newly commissioned and award-nominated HuffPostReports: UK documentary series.
- Working closely with a small team across all stages of production, from pitch and pre-production toon-location shooting and editing. Creative control and direction of the edit process. Writing and recording VO, developing graphical assets and extensive archive research and implementation.
- Responsibility over episode publishing process. Writing accompanying onsite and social copy and delivering to multiple platforms for online broadcast.
- Liaising with the senior team to coordinate series launch and ensuring style and brand consistency across the series.
Senior Assistant Editor / 2015 - 2016 / Vice UK / i-D
London, United Kingdom
Industries I know well
Food & Beverage
Sport & Recreation
BA (Hons) Cinema and Photography – University of Leeds – 2010-2013 | 2:1
A Levels – English Language, English Literature, Media Studies | ABB