James has over 8 years of London experience in the fashion industry. In London, he freelanced as well as working full-time for a number of direct brands and agencies.
James' background is a mixture of behind the scenes and behind the camera; an intersection of content management, art direction, graphic design and image-making. What James bring to the table is his ability to create a brand new look and feel for brands and integrating this design concept across brand communications.
Freelance Creative / Nov 2020 - Present / Crane Brothers
Auckland, New Zealand
- Collaborated on the development of a new Shopify website launched March 2021.
- Re-hauled the visual output across web, social and print channels.
- Optimised and streamlined the product photography process using third parties.
Freelance Art Director & Photographer / Oct 2018 - Present / Self Employed
- Output includes campaigns, creative content, publications, look-books and film.
- Collected a portfolio of highly regarded international clients within fashion and menswear.
- Brought brands to launch with strategies across web, social, digital and print.
- Established new output strategies for existing brands, leading to boosted market exposure.
- Work closely with clients to exceed expectations and meet challenges within budget.
Founder / March 2020 - November 2020 / Service Shop
- Developed an online art store during the COVID-19 lock-down to support artists and charity.
- ServiceShop was launched within a week, selling a selection of affordable work from 17 artists.
- Featured in Wallpaper* Magazine, Condé Nast Traveller, Also Journal and Unpolished Magazine.
Industries I know well