I have worked within media since 2007, building my career across a variety of different industries and roles, which have broadened my reach, skills and understanding of what I'm capable of achieving.
My extensive background in journalism and media has given me the ability to write clear and concise copy, as well as developing an excellent eye for detail.
Over the last couple of years, I have been working in the UK for various agencies and corporate companies. More recently I have been writing for fintech and finance brands, working on the copy for a variety of channels - everything from website copy, blogs, social media, video scripts, emails and more. You name it, I probably have experience.
I am now back in New Zealand to offer my expertise to local clients to amp up their communications with consumers.
Freelance Writer/Copywriter / Oct 2015 - Present / Self Employed
- Created and ran my own business for three years, scaling back after being recruited by Metro Bank.
- Secured 6-month contract with Hogarth Worldwide after working on Trade Barometer Autumn 2019.
- Worked with SEO specialists Optus Digital, including a London Business Matters article.
- Ghost-wrote for The FinTech Times on an ad-hoc basis for a number of topics.
- Wrote Currencies Direct‘s website copy and email campaign (avg. open rate 32.36%, CTR 2.02%).
Copywriter / Sep 2020 - Present / Kroo
- Crafted UK challenger bank Kroo’s social, youthful, and socially responsible tone of voice.
- Worked with stakeholders to ensure copy played off and complemented the design elements in-app.
- Wrote onboarding emails, introducing new users to Kroo’s benefits and differences to other banks.
- Collaborated on the script for Kroo’s launch campaign ad (yet to be released).
Copywriter / Mar 2019 - May 2021 / Asto Digital
- Created and managed tone of voice for Asto across all comms and collateral.
- Established new processes across Asto for briefing-in, managing and approving all projects.
- Helped create campaigns for product launches of eBay Business Capital and Asto Business Capital.
- Learned reasonable understanding of Jira as project management platform.
- Collaborated on the script for Asto’s Business Capital introduction video.
Industries I know well
Food & Beverage
Auckland University of Technology
2005 - 2007
Bachelor of Communication Studies (Journalism, Writing, TV Production and Management)