Mike is a multidisciplinary senior designer with over 8 years of experience working in design, digital & event studios across New Zealand, London, New York & Australia - with a key focus on bringing brands to life.
He has worked across a variety of projects including branding, digital/web, creative, events, experiential activations, art direction and pitch work. He prides himself on being collaborative, driven by big ideas, and a firm believer of no-egos.
As someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, Mike operates well under tight deadlines and works great under pressure. He's always looking for new challenges and collaborative environments with fun, crazy, talented people that make meaningful work.
He's based in Australia and is available for remote freelance projects.
Senior Graphic Designer / May 2021 - Present / Self-Employed
Digital & Graphic Designer / Mar 2020 - Jun 2021 / Nucleus Creative Agency
- Leading a number of branding and website projects from concept to completion.
- Illustrating design ideas using wire-frames, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate the sites function as well as identify and troubleshoot any UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Collaborating with the studio to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user
Experiential/Scenic Designer / Nov 2018 - Nov 2019 / MKG Experiential Marketing
New York City, United States
- Leading a team of designers working on design and creative strategy for large-scale events & activations
- Designing & rendering 3D environment concepts for pitching purposes and other client needs
- Create branding collateral, event graphics and any build plans for custom-built fabricated designs
- Manage relationships with all third-party vendors and oversee design specific budgets
Industries I know well
Auckland University of Technology
2006 - 2010
Bachelor of Design, majoring in Graphic Design