Originally from Canada, I am an experienced UX professional with experience working in North America, Europe and Australasia.
I was fortunate enough to work in the gaming industry as a UX Lead during my time at UbiSoft and Electric Arts where I developed key XBOX360 and Playstation games such as NBA, FIFA, Deadspace 2. Since then I have worked in Germany & Australia before finally landing on the shores of New Zealand.
Over the years I have worked on different projects including building augmented reality, SaaS design for mobile & desktop and interactive websites. I have honed in on my skills as a UX Lead and my core skills lie in:
- Product Strategy
- UX Research
- UX / UI Design
- Design Process
- Leading UX Teams
I have now gone out on my own and I'm open to freelance and contract opportunities.
Freelance Designer / Jan 2020 - Present / Toptal
- Copywriter for enterprise Global 500 and Fortune 500 financial services company.
- Edited content to be more succinct and readable for an eLearning management platform.
User Experience Lead / Oct 2016 - Present / Fixed Term Contracts
Germany, New Zealand & Australia
- Tertiary Education
- Dreamgate Studios
- Goodgame Studio
- Augmented reality-mobile
- SaaS design-desktop and mobile
- Mobile games-IOS/Android
- Augmented Reality Special Events
- SaaS Property Management System
- Mobile RPG Game
- Career Planning Tool-Government Agency
- Payroll Account Management System-Government Agency
- Conducted co-design sessions with end users
- Built relationships with clients by engaging them in the product strategy and design process
- Provided guidance around strategy for release of product
- Recruited, conducted, and analysed results for user testing of products
- Built, managed and lead a team of 5 service designers
- Mentored, coached and assisted in the development of designers
- Responsible for providing UX expertise with a 2 week turnaround time before product launch
User Experience Lead / May 2015 - Apr 2016 / Navcast
Toronto, Canada Area
- Created mobile navigation applications for aviation and marine industries.
- Responsible for all UX and branding of product.
- Involved with product launch at Miami Boat show
- Clients: SiriusXM
Industries I know well
Mediums I know well
University of Calgary
Master's, Environmental Design-Specialization-Industrial-Design
2001 - 2005
Bachelor's, Fine Arts