Sean is an experienced creative director and design business leader. Over the past two decades, he has gained invaluable design and leadership experience while working with some amazing people at a range of innovative, creative agencies in New Zealand and London.
Upbeat and professional, he is extremely passionate about design and creativity in general. Sean thrives in dynamic creative environments and is driven to develop authentic, design-led communications that elevate brands and encourage long-term business success.
As a seasoned Freelance Senior Creative & Past President and Fellow of the Designers Institute of New Zealand (DINZ), Sean is a major asset to any project needing innovative creative direction and effective leadership.
Creative/Brand Specialist / Oct 2019 - Present / Self-Employed
Auckland, New Zealand
- Currently contracting as a senior creative and branding specialist for various design agencies in Auckland
Creative Director / Feb 2017 - Oct 2019 / VOICE Brand Agency
Auckland, New Zealand
- Focused on the ongoing development of VOICE as an award-winning, specialist brand agency
- Worked on a range of strategic brand development, brand implementation and brand roll-out projects for organisations from multiple business sectors
- Creative direction of all VOICE projects in partnership with the agency Principal
- Art direction, ideation, concept development and graphic design
- Team leadership/management including creative oversight, studio management, professional development, mentorship
- Client engagement including ongoing relationship development and opportunity identification
- Project management/estimating
- Clients included FrucorSuntory, Property Brokers, Chamber Music New Zealand, Crane Brothers, Southern Cross Healthcare
Creative Director / 2002 - 2016 / Base Two Design Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand
- Worked with an etensive list of clients from a broad range of industries and business sectors. I was responsible for the quality of the creative services delivered by the agency and also the day-to-day management, mentorship and development of our design and production teams.
- Creative direction and oversight
- Ideation, concept development, design
- Team management including professional development and mentorship
- Client engagement and ongoing relationship development
- New business development and opportunity identification
- Budgeting & estimating
AIT - Auckland Institute of Technology
1991 - 1992
Study in Graphic Design
Otago Polytechnic School of Art
1987 - 1990
Diploma of Fine and Applied Art, majoring in Ceramic Sculpture