I am an experienced creative director and design business leader. Over the past two decades, I have gained invaluable design and leadership experience while working with some amazing people at a range of innovative, creative agencies both locally and abroad.
Upbeat and professional, I am extremely passionate about design and creativity in general. Sean thrives in dynamic creative environments and is driven to develop authentic, design-led communications that elevate brands and encourage long-term business success.
As a seasoned Freelance Senior Creative & Past President and Fellow of the Designers Institute of New Zealand (DINZ), I can be a major asset to any project needing innovative creative direction and effective leadership.
Creative/Brand Specialist / Oct 2019 - Present / Self-Employed
Auckland, New Zealand
- Currently contracting as a senior creative and branding specialist for various design agencies in Auckland
Creative Director / Feb 2017 - Oct 2019 / VOICE Brand Agency
Auckland, New Zealand
- Focused on the ongoing development of VOICE as an award-winning, specialist brand agency
- Worked on a range of strategic brand development, brand implementation and brand roll-out projects for organisations from multiple business sectors
- Creative direction of all VOICE projects in partnership with the agency Principal
- Art direction, ideation, concept development and graphic design
- Team leadership/management including creative oversight, studio management, professional development, mentorship
- Client engagement including ongoing relationship development and opportunity identification
- Project management/estimating
- Clients included FrucorSuntory, Property Brokers, Chamber Music New Zealand, Crane Brothers, Southern Cross Healthcare
Creative Director / 2002 - 2016 / Base Two Design Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand
- Worked with an etensive list of clients from a broad range of industries and business sectors. I was responsible for the quality of the creative services delivered by the agency and also the day-to-day management, mentorship and development of our design and production teams.
- Creative direction and oversight
- Ideation, concept development, design
- Team management including professional development and mentorship
- Client engagement and ongoing relationship development
- New business development and opportunity identification
- Budgeting & estimating
AIT - Auckland Institute of Technology
1991 - 1992
Study in Graphic Design
Otago Polytechnic School of Art
1987 - 1990
Diploma of Fine and Applied Art, majoring in Ceramic Sculpture