Damien is a dedicated media creative with twenty years of experience across the full spectrum of digital and traditional media. His extensive experience stretches across a broad range of roles and categories, with specialisation in digital experience, content creation and corporate film production.
His experience within both creative and commercial environments means that his chief focus is on ensuring that all creative communication, including the use of multiple media and hardware, is driven by a clear set of objectives, and designed and deployed to meet both practical and strategic considerations.
Freelance Creative / Dec 2018 - Present / Self Employed
As a freelancer, Damien work for numerous clients creating short promo films across a wide range of subjects from educational material through to real estate sales promotion
Digital Experience Producer / Dec 2018 - Present / BNZ
Responsible for the design, delivery and management of the full breadth of digital experiences in BNZ, including Workspaces, Branches and Partner Centres. Merging digital and spatial to achieve solutions that are both beautiful and functional. Damien worked with agencies, technologists, software firms and internal teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Successfully lead digital experience conceptualisation, design and installation for multiple BNZ branches
- Foster close working relationships with all vendors and stakeholders including Vodafone, ConnectNZ and BNZ Properties Department
- Developed Digital Design Experience catalogue of assets. This document draws together all drawings and electrical schematics for each Digital Experience touchpoint for reference for future Branch installations
- Lead and created many digital content projects including distance learning assets for meeting rooms, environmental awareness campaigns and ambient content for all branches
Senior Media Product Specialist / Feb 2013 - Aug 2018 / Abu Dhabi Airports company
Working closely with stakeholders, partners and other Government entities to capture the airport's successes for promotion and posterity, alongside brand development, advertising, promotional events and stakeholder engagement. Damien worked closely with all entities of the airport organisation to ensure desired outcomes and successes.
- Managing a team of in-house staff and external vendors. Training junior staff in design, art direction, filmmaking and photography
- Managing all creative production throughout the company
- Developing narratives around the airport's operations and its associated partners for use on social media platforms and internal communications
- Working closely with National Geographic to create a feature-length documentary of the construction of a new terminal at Abu Dubai Airport
1995 - 1998
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Graphic Design